Thursday 28 September 2017

A short story, told by the sea

"And what's the point of loving someone who would never love you back?" I asked the sea, long time ago, it was an early summer day, a typical one, where the warm started to wash away the chill. It was a perfect day to enjoy the blinding sunlight and cooling wind.
The sea, being the bitch she was, laughed and said, "Oh my sweet summer child, you'll get that, you'll know, one day you will."
Now I know. I remembered right before the sun about to set, the sea whispered,
"It's not always about what you get in return, darling. It's about the contentment, the excitement, the warm that dance around your  belly, deep down."
"What do you mean?" Me being me, of course didn't understand the slightest bit of what she was talking about.
"The feeling that keep your love there, alive and burning. You'll get that feeling, you'd know. Hold onto it, tight. You may couldn't get a hold of them, their physical appearance, whoever you've dreamed of, but as long as that said feeling remain there, it will be enough." The sea explained.
"I,-okay???"
"Don't think about it to much, it wouldn't help you to get that feeling any soon. You'll know it when you feel it."
Several months later, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment